Monday, January 3, 2011

33 degree uphill run

Happy New Year.

The year is young and my tournament season starts in March. Houston Texas.

Four issues kept me out of competition in the last few years.
Major Surgery.
Neck.
Hip.
Heel.

Surgery was age related. Aging SUCKS. Ok, not for me so much...

Neck...woke up one morning with a crick. That just got worse.
Hip...ummm..ahhh..hmmm. You get the idea.
Seriously, I chased a wide forehand and ended up in a Kim Cljisters split. Killed my hip.
Heel....hiking in Ricketts Glen, I slipped on a wet "step".

I miss the competition.
I miss the friendships.
I miss travel.
Not sure if I am going to like the TSA pat down.

I am soo far down on the ranking computer that if you Googled me, I won't be found, the number is so high.

My neck issue would only allow me to play 3 matches.
I need to win 7 matches to win a tournament.
So, I did not enter any.
Why bother?
"Also ran" is not as fun as "Yorke Wins"

Today, I started my climb back to the top with a nice run up Shurs Lane from Main Street to Ridge Avenue.
No music. Odd for me to run without my iPod blasting something for step cadence.
I can do this. Sans music.
The grade seemed easy to me today. Even at 33 degrees and running into the wind.

I might have to switch to "The Wall". Leverington from under the L to Pechin. That would be a hellish run. I have done it on rollerblades back in 1995. HELL. And I was younger then.

I will run Shurs Lane again tomorrow after all my lessons today and see how "easy" it really is.

If you want to join me. Every morning, I will make this run.
Text me or email me that you are joining me. Starting at the light at Shurs(Mad River) and Main Street.

Come give your on court leg and lung endurance a boost.
Get on my court to up your stroke endurance.

Have an awesome day. On and off court...

No comments:

Post a Comment