Monday, July 12, 2010

Marianna Hollman

Yes, "the" Marianna Hollman.
Coach of Salem College in North Carolina.
World Singles Champion 2009
World Doubles Champion 2010
And a multitude of Gold Balls and other championships in the USA.

Mar and I have been fierce competitors over the years.

Back in '94, '95, '96 we would meet in the quarters or semi's of the USTA Grass Nationals and the battle royal would start.

We have become really good friends through it all.

Played a few doubles tournaments together and even have a Gold Ball together.

Yesterday, we practiced for 2 1/2 hours in the Stadium @ Ashe. We worked on a few shots selections and patterns and responses for grass.

I am not playing this tournament this year. Work has me bogged down. Mar is seeded #1 in the 45's and I would like to see her win this.

Today, I am @ GCC to watch her play doubles with Susan Wright. Yes "the" Susan Wright. Google her. They are winning. Then Mar and I will practice on the grass.

I cannot wait.

As you know, grass is my favorite surface.

The weather is great. And I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment