Monday, March 4, 2019

Miami to Cuba

Miami to Cuba

10:30 am Thursday

Nice
A passenger checked luggage and did not show up for the flight
They had to pull the bag from the hold.
No panic.
No panic at all from my seat

Seriously..no panic
(Sweat, sweat)

Cutest little kid in the seat in front of me
So cute
Hy's Fries

11:31

Desending into Havana na na na
I am so excited to soak in this culture
Art
Music
Food
Architecture

And look into bringing in pickleball and rollerblading and under 10 tennis...lol

Basically see a need and fill it
Whatever that may be
Like wifi towers...lol
Fantasy Island, I know

11:34 am

My first view of Cuba


Hilly
Green
Spacious
Beautiful

Perfectly sectioned off farm? land
An artist mosaic from up here

Perfect landing 11:45 am

Hy Noon

We walk down the gang plank and is greeted by our (guide) with our name placards

And we were given the VIP treatment
No waiting in lines

Is this what celebrity feels like?
I can get used to this

Then we were spirited to the VIP lounge
A room by ourselves
Hospitality is second to none

Their dark rum is delish
I know
I hail from Trinidad

OMG the old cars are to die for
There is a spattering of them at the Airport

And much more everywhere as we drive to our
Art Deco (no lie) hotel
Gorgeous
Well appointed
Air conditioned

5:31 PM

Wow
We have been everywhere
Old Havana tour
The sea wall
where permission is needed to have a boat on that water because Miami is just...that way
The bay of Havana
That coconut, carmel dessert was delish
So was the mojito

Bank to change to CUCs
Back to our hotel to dress for happy hour, and dinner

6:30 PM

Woah (I will say this a lot...Be ready)
Remember the movie Strawberry and Chocolate?
We were on the roof deck of where that movie was shot

La Guarida is gastronomic


I cannot explain this place
The pics can do it for me

Then off to hear Buena Vista Social Club play at Rosalita de Castro
WOW what a magnificent space

I am exhausted.
Have not slept since Tuesday night and have a 6 am wake up call

G'night

3 comments:

  1. Hola!
    Hy, this is Ms. Jones' class in Mt. Holly. Cuba looks to be amazing. Travis and the rest of the class are really looking forward to a visit. We will sing a special song for you! If we learn to play tennis well, will you bring us with you the next time you go to Cuba? We commend you for competing well. Hope to see you soon!

    Room 27 - LAL Folwell Elementary School, Mt. Holly NJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello little ones,

      5:53 pm and I just read your nice note
      Thank you.

      Cuba was amazing, indeed
      Sunny, waarm, good food, grat music and the nicest people.

      I would love to visit your class.
      Miss Jones and I will work out the day and time.

      Can't wait to hear your song

      And I promise to take you to Cuba if you keep your grades up

      All my love,
      -hy

      Delete
  2. Hello Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find cuba Havana We offer you all the information about Cuba's festival, visa and Cuban weather. Explore Havana holidays and discover the best time and more places to visit.

    Visit Now:- https://oncubatravel.com/buy-visa/

    ReplyDelete