Tuesday, July 23, 2013

First Practice: Wimbledon Park, Tuesday


Hopped a train to Wimbledon today.
So easy, a tennis pro can do it.

Clapham Junction to Wimbledon.
A lot easier than Velden, Austria to Milan, Italy..the last time I took a train over seas.
I was super excited.
Back pack on and a short walk led me to my platform.
Did my work earlier so I knew where to go and what to do.
Thank you for English vs German.


I did not trip or fall near the gap!

The cabbie I spoke to at Wimbledon told me my walk would be short.
The sign stated 16 minutes.
In reality? 30 minutes. With a heavy back pack.
In hindsight, it was a good workout after all the calories I ate yesterday.
 I basically did nothing yesterday.
Flight recovery. Acclimate.

When I finally arrived to the courts my heart skipped a beat. Seriously, I am so amped.
I spotted my teammates HITting already.
I was greeted by our captain, Dave Nash.
Suited up.
Hellos to my teammates I already know and those new to me.
And started HITting.
Wimbledon Park has synthetic grass courts.
Similar to the courts at beaches.
Fake grass mixed with sand.
Better than nothing...tomorrow real grass at THE Wimbledon.

I played well. Moved better at the end of our practice when I grabbed my doubles partner Fran to run some cross court drills with me...
I left feeling like myself.

I can't seem to load video here, so I will try to load some on my You Tube channel : Hy Yorke...
Be patient. Loading a minute of vid takes forever.

Train ride back "home" was just as awesome as my ride to Wimbledon.
I am sitting in my found Cafe sipping a smoothie, watching the world go by and writing this.
More tomorrow.
Enjoy what is left of Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for the pics and posts! I almost didn't recognize you in regular street clothes! Play well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looking awesome on (and off) the court!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I move defeat, I will prevail.
    Thanks for your support.
    Much appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Just noticed that the time of posts is all messed up.
    It's 9pm in London as I write this..

    ReplyDelete