Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SW19: First 24 hours.


Finally in London to compete at The All England Club against the best of Great Britain in the Avory Cup.
I will try to keep up with this blog to keep you in the loop since you could not join in on the fun.

Uneventful flight from Philly to Toronto. Waited on the tarmac for an hour before takeoff.
Visions of green grass dancing in my head.
Then a tight connection to London.
I ran to my connection like I was chasing down one of Roy's drop shots.

Made it...My luggage did not.

I am excited and nervous about playing.
Nothing new.
I would be worried if I was not.

I booked a hotel away from the courts to be a part of the scene.
Good choice.
I have everything at my fingertips vs staying in the team hotel.

Food is delicious at the Café next door. With free WiFi...thank God because one has to buy WiFi in this country.

Wimby busses pass by every 25 minutes or so.
Quite a treat for me, considering.


Suffered a small panic attack in my very hot room.
NO air conditioning. The room started to close in on me.
I managed to work through it as I would being down 5-4, on serve...lol
Seriously, I was almost down for the count.

Front desk brought me a fan and just the simple circulation of air has helped me win that set.

Stoked to be here for the birth of the future king. Lost money though because I bet on a girl being born.

Finally slept soundly for a good 6-7 hours.
And feel human this morning.

My luggage has arrived.
Practice is at 2pm today. Pumped.
Rain has stopped. It would not be London without rain this time of year.

Breakfast was delish.
Coffee is strong like my voice telling you to MOVE.
Just the way I like it.

10:45 am here.
I landed at 10:15 am yesterday.

I have to make my electrolite solution.
Buy some bananas at the Whole Foods.
And sort out the train schedule to Wimbledon to practice today.
More later.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Go Hy!
    --One of the Friday AM Faithful

    ReplyDelete