Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mahut vs Isner

Mahut. 4 6 7 6 59
Isner. 6 3 6 7 59

OMG. Insanity of a 5th set,

First round match at Wimbledon.

I am at Ashe Tennis Center with the teaching crew and kids doing commentary in the library.

Awesome tennis.
Awesome fitness.

It was 35-34 when I entered the library. Its 56-55 now.

Isner is bent over 9 hours 30 minutes into it. Mahut is bouncing around.
My money is on Mahut.
The whole library is on my case because Isner is an American. Like I am not? So I am only an American for 4 years now. And in this country, I can choose whatever side I want right?

96 aces in this set alone.

It's 56-57 now
57-57
57-58
58-58

Come on Mahut. Drop shot Isner.

I cannot understand why Mahut keeps banging balls. Drop shot him. He is tired. Beat down. Exhausted.


Think. Think. They are both so tired, their brain is not working. Its caveman strategy now. Hit him with the club harder even though he is dead.
Isner serving at 58-58
He has no footwork left.

It's 9:01 pm in London as I write this. 4pm in the US.

58-59 Mahut serving

59-59. Match suspended because of darkness.

I hope my brain works better than those two on grass this weekend. I am playing Sears Cup at Merion Cricket Club. If you want to see the best ladies in New York, New England, Mid Atlantic and Middle States compete, come out to cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment