Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sears Cup:day 2

Hip Separation.

You cannot play tennis well if your shoulder and hips do not separate.

In our pre match warm up yesterday, I did something to tweek my right hip...the bad hip.

I guess 5 sets on Friday did it in.

I told my teammates, but did not let on to my opponent.

I lost the first set in a tiebreaker 7-5. Doing the very best I can with this hip hurting.

Late in the first set I hit a drop shot that my opponent chased and missed doing a Kim Cljisters split. I learned as I helped her up that she has a slipped disc. "Information" to use later.

I won the second set 6-3.

She was awesome though. She hit some drop shots I could not get to with this hip.

Third set. 4-4. 5-4 down, I had 3 opportunities to volley winners to even the score. I could not get my fast feet moving to get out of the way to hit a proper volley. Lost that set 6-4.

My #6 player only wanted to play doubles so I was down 1 match to start. Only Vincenza won in singles.
We went out to doubles down 5-1.

I sat out for doubles. Hips don't lie.

Mary Beth and Vin lost
Darcy and Ashlee lost in 3 sets.
Luca and Gabi won

When the day of play was done it looked like this.

New England: winner of the cup
Eastern: second
Mid Atlantic: third
Middle States: fourth.

All matches were 5-4 except for our match today at 7-2.

Very high level tennis weekend.

My upHill FIT club has helped me tremendously. I was "never" winded. Grass is a high movement, massive footwork game. Serve and volley. Stretch for balls. Chase lobs.
I felt like the energizer bunny rabbit.

If only my hip was up to par.

I don't think I can play and win 7 singles matches in the grass Nationals starting on July 12.

This hip has to be able to possibly play 3 set matches "every day".

Maybe I can play doubles only in that tournament?

No comments:

Post a Comment