Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Juice.teen Henin wins

Who said you have to be 6'2" to be successful at professional tennis? Justine Henin is pettite and "kicks butt" on every surface. Though I was not happy with her behavior a few years ago, I can't deny the girl can play.

It's Dirt season. Har-tru, Red clay. The running game. The FITness game.
Soon grass season will be upon us.

I am in training for the USTA Grass Nationals.
Ran up Shurs Lane a lot faster yesterday. So proud of myself.

Went to the tennis club before my run to collect a moving part(screw) for one of my ball carts. I left it in the stadium on Sunday. Found it.

No one wanted to run with me so off I went by myself.

Started my run and soon discovered that my iPod needed charging. I ran that hill with NO music. Just the sound of my in through the nose, out through the mouth cadence.

And the thought of the kids with Cystic Fibrosis who can't do this. I ran for them.

Back in February 2010, I played in the CF Pro-am in Allentown. Darcy, Yulia, Kenn, Andrea. Friends of mine who got auctioned off and played their butts off for the cause.

As you go through your day today, easy on the rage...some are worse off than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment