Friday, May 21, 2010

Pro-Am Auction

Caught up with "life" yesterday. My day off from hitting tennis balls.
My legs were beat up.
Not only did my UpHill run beat me up but my Singles Drill at 9pm Wednesday night totally did me in. John was on time for class and he did not miss for 15 minutes straight until the other players showed up.


I had to eat the proper quantity of protein to supply my broken down muscles with the building blocks needed to rebuild even stronger after my UpHill run.

Being Raw-Vegan, leafy-green vegetables, legumes and seeds help. Especially hemp seeds. Combined with carbohydrates, these proteins are able to infuse my tired muscles with more energy than carbos can by itself.

Unfortunately, stiff, achy muscles need movement to get the lactic acid out. You just can't sit around because you ache. So, I went walkabout to find Walt Whitman's tomb......Found it. A nice walk to extract some acid.

Two months ago I was asked to be play in the Pro-Am at
Episcopal Academy

I said yes.

Today, I get auctioned off. Bought by another human being, or several.....yes, I know what you are thinking.

This is for a good cause. And on an ego level, I want to be sold for the most bucks. So I will wear the right outfit to accentuate the upper legs and buttocks. LOL.

I will hit balls with perfect technique and accuracy to up the bidding and ham it upHarlem Globetroter style to excite the crowd. Again with the intention to bring in more dollars until the auction hammer hits the wood.

These events are so much fun. Not only for Pros but for our "owners" as well. There are a few scenarios for who will play with us. Usually, we play with who ever bought us. Often we are given a partner chosen by our owner. Or partners are drawn from a hat, auctioned off and play begins. I personally prefer my partner drawn from a hat. Then there are no Serena-Hy combinations too strong for the field....

The winning team's owner gets first pick from a list of very cool and very expensive "prizes". If you want to get in on the bidding, it all starts at 630pm tonight at Episcopal.

Before all of this I am taking a 5 year old to Wissahickon Creek to search for frogs.

In this picture she is wearing my jacket, sunglasses and signature hat. Mini-me. Well, at age 5, I was not playing tennis. On the day this picture was taken, all the 5 year old players wanted to wear my jacket, sunglasses and hat.

Tori is a really good tennis player. As soon as I figure it out, I will post some video of her playing. She is like a 5 year old Serena Williams. Anyway, she loves frogs and her mom thinks anything slimey and buggy is NEVER coming into her house. So, Tori and I are going to bring some frogs into her house. First we have to find them...

If you want to join us, we will be near Valley Green searching for frogs today..

No comments:

Post a Comment